Abby's Art Club

A DIY blog about starting an art club for kids and finding the inspiration to keep it going.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

drawing game


We continued the drawing game adventure today and I plan on keeping with it for the next few weeks. Imaginative drawing is the favorite artistic activity of the entire group. The drawing game days have been interesting for me to watch as a teacher because there is very little for me to do but listen in amazement to the stories and ideas that pour out of the art club as a whole. There ability to tell stories with pictures is further developed than I would have guessed and as a group they are completely self reliant when they draw from their imaginations. Some of the students didn't even want to take a break when they were drawing because it would waste time.



I have to admit I am very excited about the tramp team (as imagined by Isak). It seems the amazing tramps are going to be cracking heads with whiskey bottles, riding the rails, and eating super powered beans!



There's simply no doubt that Henry's walking dead team is going to be a contender.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home