Abby's Art Club

A DIY blog about starting an art club for kids and finding the inspiration to keep it going.

Friday, November 17, 2006

scrap book sharing







The art club shared their scrap books this week in class. This was by far the best show-and-share period we have ever experienced. The students seemed extra engaged in their memories from childhood. They shared photographs of themselves as kids, their pets, and their relatives. They shared special postcards, drawings, and letters. As an adult I was particularly interested in the acute nostalgia experienced by the nine year old set. They were letting out squeals of laughter and sighing at every special moment. The "when I was little. . ." approach these nine year olds voiced reminded me of how they situate themselves in a brave new world of preteen interests. I was surprised to see Lindsey Lohan featured prominently on a page of one youngster's book. It makes sense, I just have to keep up with the times.

The project was a great success. One mom shared with me how proud her child felt when showing her the memory book, and how he had been sleeping with it next to his bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home