Abby's Art Club

A DIY blog about starting an art club for kids and finding the inspiration to keep it going.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

the kitchen table


I have a big table in my kitchen where the art club meets. I can fit up to eight kids around my table at a time. Some projects can be done on the floor or outside (weather permitting), but if you are thinking about starting an art club in your home, invite as many kids to join as can fit at your table. I think that an art club with three or four kids is just as good as one with more. In fact, some projects are best with more individual attention. I invited eight kids to join because I have the space and it seemed like there was a lot of interest. I have had other students and parents ask me if I had room for one more person, but I have tried to keep it the right size for our workspace. There is nothing worse than trying to make art without enough elbow room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home