Abby's Art Club

A DIY blog about starting an art club for kids and finding the inspiration to keep it going.

Friday, November 17, 2006

the paper box





I took out my stash of fancy paper for the art club to use in their scrap books. I save wrapping paper and keep my eyes open for vintage wrapping paper, wall paper, crepe paper, doilies, and cards at rummage sales and thrift stores. I store all the paper in one plastic box in the basement and every time I bring the box out the students are instantly inspired. I never spend much money on any one thing in the paper box, but as a collection it is a true treasure.

This is a good time of year to score gift paper at thrift stores, so keep your eyes open and start a paper collection of your own. You won't be sorry. When the paper is spread out all over the kitchen table and a few glue sticks have been distributed, there's no way to lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home