Abby's Art Club

A DIY blog about starting an art club for kids and finding the inspiration to keep it going.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Transylvania project


My friend Timea is Hungarian. She has visited Transylvania and I asked her to share her stories and photographs with the art club. I think the opportunity to hear a first hand account of the region was invaluable to the project. How did Timea's personal stories about delightful cheese, colorful farmer's markets, salt mines, packs of wild dogs, and political unrest resonate with the art club? We shall see. I am asking the students to integrate what they have learned about Translvania -- from Timea's tales, the Dracula myths, the regional music we have been listening to, the folk dancing video, and the various photo books I've gathered -- and make a short stop action video related to the theme. It was a good work day. The group seemed motivated, and I can't believe how quickly they are catching on to the conceptual process of translating a mass of information into a work of art. Amazing. Anyway, thank you Timea.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home