Abby's Art Club

A DIY blog about starting an art club for kids and finding the inspiration to keep it going.

Monday, June 19, 2006

miniature club



You can categorize most people into two groups -- those who are miniature enthusiasts and those who are not. Kids are no different. Some of the art club students wanted to work on miniatures during the school year and I felt like we needed to be respectful to the kids in the club who wouldn't be interested or have the attention to detail you need when working little. So I suggested we form a small group of miniature enthusiasts (of which I consider myself a proud member) and meet in the summer. Last week four kids and myself started the new club and had an excellent time. We plan to read The Borrowers this summer, go on a field trip to visit The Dean House (which I hear has an excellent miniature display), and meet back up in August to have another work week together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home